Sunday, August 16, 2009

This Summer



Photo by Isaiah Berg

I went to the beach
got lots of sand in the truck
laughed
worked
walked
got discouraged
was encouraged
had fun with family
sat by the pool
my heart broke in half
had dinner with friends, an artist,a famous author, and a Noble Prize winner
ate cake
played drums
passed the Hunter's Ed class
walked on the beach
was amazed by my kids
got 2 tickets
cried
went to Coconut Island
took pictures
saw some shooting stars
got a sunburn in a hurricane
picked lichees
went to the farmer's market
ate pineapple that tasted like candy
smiled
shoveled manure
mowed the lawn
wrote these words

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I like the busy Summer poem. That hurricane was a bust, nice weather though.

Kilauea Poetry said...

I like this..all of it- and the blue sky is fantastic!

Sunny said...

Thanks:-)