When I was in
1 and ½ lb. ground beef or turkey
1 can diced tomatoes
1 package C&W Ultimate Southwest Blend 14oz (frozen veggie)
1 can refried beans (I like to use black bean)
Yogurt or sour cream for garnish (about a cup)
Cheese for garnish (about a cup)
Cilantro or green onion for garnish
Mexican seasoning blend- to taste
Ground cumin- to taste
Cayenne pepper- to taste
Hot and Spicy Hawaiian Rock Salt- to taste (you could substitute regular salt and chili pepper flakes)
- Prepare enough rice for 4 people. I usually boil 4 cups of water to 2 cups of rice for my family.
- While rice is cooking, brown meat.
- When meat is brown add seasonings. Add diced tomatoes and simmer for about 10 min.
- Heat frozen veggie according to instructions on packet. I also add some Mexican seasoning
- Heat refried beans
- Layer each plate with rice, meat, veggies, cheese, salsa, yogurt, green onion, and some refried beans on the side. Serve right away while hot!