Monday, July 21, 2008

Sourdough cheddar cheese biscuits



First Preheat oven to 375 and lightly oil cookie sheet.
Ingredients:
2 1/4 C flour
1 tea. baking powder
1/2 C butter
3/4 C grated cheddar cheese
2 C sourdough starter
In a bowl, cut butter into flour, then mix in baking powder.Dump in sourdough starter and cheese. Mix quickly and gently,folding over several times. Make a disk on the cookie sheet, and cut into 8 wedges. Bake for 35-40min. I turned up the heat to 400F toward the end. It should get slightly golden. This would be really yummy with eggs and bacon.

2 comments:

Main Link For Your Photo Meme And Spiritual Haiku said...

But was it good?

Main Link For Your Photo Meme And Spiritual Haiku said...

Know what I'm making? Course not...right now I have Olive Rosemary bread rising. I even threw garlic & Kalamata Olives in!!
I saved a sourdough rosemary recipe while online for next time. For some reason, no one was as thrilled as me with the last batch of Sour Dough bread I made?? Just a wee little discouraged (picture my two fingers). I won't give up-no.