Sunday, November 2, 2008

Bananas and chocolate



Tis another before and after photo blog. Before is a box of apple bananas that are on the verge of being too ripe, and no good for anything except chicken food and compost.
I saved the day by peeling and trimming them all, dipping them in fresh lemon juice,and dehydrating them. Then I did what seemed the most reasonable thing to do, I dipped them in chocolate. Semi-sweet chocolate. I like them, but I think next time I will dip them in dark chocolate.

3 comments:

Helen Ruth said...

How did you dehydrate your banana's? The only thing we ever do around here is make banana bread.

Sunny said...

I sliced them,soaked them in lemon juice, and put them in a food dehydrator overnight and took them out at about noon the next day.

Anonymous said...

What I do is slice them lengthwise, put on racks & leave them in my gas oven with just the pilot light for a few days. A food dehydrator works too if you don't have a pilot light or a gas oven. They make great snacks for kids and adults both.